Lunch Matters

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Laptop Lunchboxes on Australian shores

Jennifer's (The Vegan Lunchbox's mum) choice of lunchbox lead me to the next major crossroad. It looked fantastic - she was able to pack the most wholesome meal and make it look like something that you'd be mad not to want to eat. Where did she get it? It was a question posted time and time again and she pointed her eager readers in the direction of the Laptoplunches site. I went to visit and scoured the pages for information about how I could find one of these lunchboxes here in Australia. It was possible, but very expensive to ship them out here. I decided (as I do when I get my mind on something) that it would be worth the expense and I ordered two. They arrived and they lived up to their reputation that seemed to be growing as quickly as the blogs that logged the their daily contents in households all over the States and Europe.
Once I had my own, I began to think about how wonderful it would be if parents, perhaps a little more financially responsible than I, could order this lunchbox in Australia. I could then offer suggestions about how they may want to fill it, provide shopping lists to help make it easier and share my ideas with others. As a working mum, I know all too well what it's like to wake up in the morning and have to come up with ideas about what to pack in lunchboxes. I wondered if I could do the thinking and planning, whether or not I could help others avoid that first thing in the morning panic when the day's menu planning can be hard to stomach?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home